Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bhubing Palace

Today was my day off and also Ermanno and Franzisca's (they help in the dorms) day off. We took advantage of the cooler than normal day and went to Bhubing Palace, the home of the king when he visits Chiang Mai. Typically he comes to Chiang Mai in February and the palace would be closed. However, he is is not coming to Chiang Mai until sometime in March so the palace has remained open to the public.

The Bhubing Palace. You can't really tell how expansive it is from this angle, but trust me the place was huge.










 The reservoir that supplies water to the grounds.


























 In front of the giant bamboo.




Since it was a wednesday there weren't many visitors on the grounds. However, as farang (foreigners) we did stand out. A group of Thai people from the Bangkok area spotted us and insisted on having their photo taken with us. And the monks seemed to be quite fond of me. Although I wanted to get my picture taken with a monk I wasn't about to ask for a picture, thinking that it may be taken as a sign of disrespect. Two monks asked for photos with me, so I seized the opportunity and had them take a picture with my camera as well.









5 comments:

  1. someone has a crush on you!!!! that's too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monk #2 is pretty cute there, Jess!

    Seriously, though, what a beautiful palace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. personally, I liked Monk #1. He told me his name. It kind of sounded like "bomb" or maybe it was "bum." If only I knew Thai...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you changed it up...sentiments haha...When you said he told you his name it made me think of that time I got a pedicure and I thought the guy said his name was thai like it was a thai name and he said no my name is "ty" hahaha that was kind of embarrassing! Well I'm glad you're seeing some pretty amazing beautiful places. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool pics! We are keeping you in our prayers as you do GOd's work (and we hope the allergy situation gets better, too!)

    Matt & Kathy Crocker
    (Heather's folks)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...